THE FINEST NORFOLK MEATS DIRECT FROM NORFOLK TO YOUR DOORSTEP PURCHASE ONLINE OR VISIT OUR BUTCHERY NOW
Turkey Noodle Soup:
It’s that time of year again – the holiday season is in full swing and we’re all stuffed after the Christmas dinner. But what do you do with all the leftovers once the feast is over?
One option is to simply reheat the turkey and enjoy it again as is. This is a quick and easy solution, but it can get boring after a while. If you want to give your leftovers a new twist, there are plenty of other ways to use them up.
No matter how you decide to use up your leftover turkey, the most important thing is to enjoy it and not let it go to waste. With a little creativity, you can turn those leftovers into delicious new meals that your whole family will love.
If you don’t have any chicken stock available you can go the whole hog and make your own Turkey stock by following the recipe here.
If you don’t have egg noodles on hand, you can use other types of pasta in this recipe. Some good alternatives include:
• Regular pasta: any shape of pasta will work, such as spaghetti, fettuccine, or elbow macaroni.
• Whole wheat pasta: this provides a healthier alternative to regular pasta, and has a slightly nutty flavor.
• Rice: instead of pasta, you can use cooked rice in the soup. This will give the soup a heartier texture.
• Quinoa: this is a protein-rich alternative to pasta or rice, and has a slightly nutty flavor.
• Orzo: this is a small, rice-shaped pasta that works well in soups.
• Ditalini: this is a small, tube-shaped pasta that is perfect for soups.
You can use any of these alternatives in place of the egg noodles in the recipe. Just cook the pasta or rice according to the package instructions, then add it to the soup along with the turkey and parsley.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic, and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, water, bay leaf, thyme, and black pepper to the pot, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the egg noodles. Simmer until the noodles are cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded turkey and parsley, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with additional parsley if desired.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.9l chicken broth
- 500ml water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 230g egg noodles
- 400g shredded turkey
- 30g chopped fresh parsley