THE FINEST NORFOLK MEATS DIRECT FROM NORFOLK TO YOUR DOORSTEP PURCHASE ONLINE OR VISIT OUR BUTCHERY NOW
Summer Sausage Plait
- Unroll the pastry and place on a baking tray (if you line the tray with non-stick parchment it saves on washing up).
- Place unwrapped sausage meat down the centre
- Cut 10 diagonal stripes down each side of the pastry
- Dampen the edges of the pastry with water
- Fold the pastry over the sausage meat alternating each side
- Beat the egg yolk only using a fork and brush liberally over the completed plait
- Cook in the oven at 215 degrees centigrade / gas mark 7, turning half way, for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and sausage meat is cooked through.
Serve hot or cold with Mrs Darlington's Red Onion Marmalade and salad.