THE FINEST NORFOLK MEATS DIRECT FROM NORFOLK TO YOUR DOORSTEP PURCHASE ONLINE OR VISIT OUR BUTCHERY NOW
Spicy Minced Beef Salad (Larb)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium heat.
- Add the minced shallots, garlic, and red chilies to the frying pan. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef to the frying pan and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned and cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the fish sauce and lime juice.
- Once the beef is cooked, pour the fish sauce and lime juice mixture over the beef in the frying pan. Stir well to combine.
- Remove the frying pan from heat and let the mixture cool slightly.
- Stir in the chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Sprinkle the toasted rice powder over the beef mixture and toss well.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed by adding more fish sauce or lime juice.
- Serve the spicy minced beef larb warm or at room temperature.
- To serve, place spoonfuls of the larb onto lettuce leaves and wrap them up.
Note: To make toasted rice powder, toast uncooked jasmine or sticky rice in a dry frying pan over medium heat until it turns golden brown. Let it cool, then grind it into a fine powder using a spice grinder or mortar and pestle.
Larb is a popular Thai salad known for its vibrant flavours and spicy kick. This recipe provides a delicious combination of minced beef, fresh herbs, and tangy dressing. Adjust the level of spiciness by adding more or fewer chilies according to your preference.
450g minced beef
50g chopped shallots
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 red chilies, finely chopped
15g chopped fresh coriander
15g chopped fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon toasted rice powder
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Lettuce leaves, for serving