THE FINEST NORFOLK MEATS DIRECT FROM NORFOLK TO YOUR DOORSTEP PURCHASE ONLINE OR VISIT OUR BUTCHERY NOW
Roast Potatoes - The Perfect Pairing
A great Sunday roast isn’t complete without some quality roasted potatoes. You can’t get better roast potatoes than those prepared with Highgrove Goose Fat which is now in stock on the web site and in the Butchery.
Roast potatoes are the perfect side dish to any roasted meat, and it’s easy to see why. Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, these tasty potatoes are the perfect complement to any roasted meat dish.
One of the reasons why roast potatoes go so well with roasted meats is that they are both cooked in the oven at high temperatures. This means that they cook at the same time and are ready to be served at the same time, making for a perfect plate of food.
So next time you are roasting a meat, don’t forget to add some roast potatoes, they will bring your dish to the next level!
Here’s a great recipe that we use all the time that will guarantee you fabulous roast potatoes again and again
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks of a similar size (roughly 5-6cm per side).
- Boil the potatoes in a pan of salted water for about 10 minutes, or until they are just starting to become tender.
- Drain the potatoes and gently shake the pan to roughen up the edges of the potatoes. Let them sit with a clean cloth over the top for 10-15 mins
- Melt the goose fat in a roasting tin on the hob for a few minutes until nice and hot.
- Carefully add the potatoes to the tin and turn them in the fat to coat them evenly.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven for 40-45 minutes, turning them at least once, until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and season them with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot and enjoy!