THE FINEST NORFOLK MEATS DIRECT FROM NORFOLK TO YOUR DOORSTEP PURCHASE ONLINE OR VISIT OUR BUTCHERY NOW
Orzo Pasta Salad
Something a little bit different this month, Orzo Pasta Salad. This is a favourite of Millie’s and is a great accompaniment to any barbeque and she tells us goes particularly well with the Merguez sausages.
This very simple four step recipe(!) is super quick, super tasty and a real crowd pleaser. To save time, instead of making the dressing, five tablespoons of French dressing will work just as well.
Using the rape seed oil rather than other heavier vegetable oils keeps the salad light and refreshing.
- Make the dressing first by adding all the dressing ingredients into a jar and giving it a good shake (5 tablespoons of french dressing can be used as an alternative)
- Cook the orzo pasta for 5-6 minutes in boiling water. Drain in sieve and rinse briefly with cold water.
- Mix the dressing into the drained pasta. Add the prepared onions, sun dried tomatoes and peppers. Add most of the chives, saving some to sprinkle on top. Mix thoroughly.
- Place in serving dish and top with remaining chives
- 150g Orzo Pasta cooked in boiling water for 6 minutes
- 1 medium red pepper de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped
- 75g sundried tomatoes cut in half (drained)
- 10g finely chopped chives
For the dressing: