THE FINEST NORFOLK MEATS DIRECT FROM NORFOLK TO YOUR DOORSTEP PURCHASE ONLINE OR VISIT OUR BUTCHERY NOW
Lamb Rump, Roasted Crushed Potatoes & Mint Salsa Verde
Try our delicious lamb rump recipe, it’s super tasty and simple to follow. Serves 2 but can easily be multiplied for more.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C (fan)/ 395°F/ Gas 6
- Cut the new potatoes in half and add to a pot of boiling water with a large pinch of salt and cook over a high heat for 15 minutes or until fork-tender. Once cooked drain and set to one side.
- Meanwhile, pat the lamb rumps dry with kitchen towel and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
Heat a large wide based pan with a drizzle of vegetable oil over a med-high heat.
Once hot, add the lamb rump and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning frequently ensuring it is browned on all sides.
Once browned, add to a large oven proof dish.
- Place the cooked potatoes around the lamb rump and crush them gently with a fork. Drizzle the potatoes with vegetable oil and the remaining juices from the pan and add a generous pinch of salt.
- Place the open dish in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the lamb is pink and blushing on the inside and the potatoes are starting to crisp.
- Meanwhile, peel and roughly chop the garlic. Chop the parsley roughly, including the stalks. Strip the mint leaves from their stems and chop them roughly.
Add the garlic, parsley and mint to a food processor with the chilli flakes(optional), capers, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, add 50ml olive oil and a pinch of salt and blitz until smooth – this is your mint salsa verde.
- Once the tray has been in the oven for 20-25 minutes, transfer the lamb to a plate, cover and set aside to rest. Increase the oven to 220°C/ 200°C (fan)/ 425°F/ Gas 7 and return the potatoes to the oven for 10 minutes further or until golden and crisp.
- Lightly steam asparagus.
Slice the rested lamb and serve it over the mint salsa verde with the roasted crushed potatoes and asparagus to the side.
400g British Lamb Rump
400g New Potatoes
1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar (15ml)
1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
120g Asparagus Spears
1/2 Tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
1 Garlic Clove