THE FINEST NORFOLK MEATS DIRECT FROM NORFOLK TO YOUR DOORSTEP PURCHASE ONLINE OR VISIT OUR BUTCHERY NOW
How to make Steak Diane sauce
Steak Diane sauce is so quick and easy to do. Your chef skills will impress everyone as you mix things up in the kitchen, add some personality and depth to your steak – and produce this simple posh nosh!
A delicious and quick Steak Diane. Delicious! Until next time.
ps If you’re feeling lazy try Verstegen Steak Diane Sauce 80ml here
- Add remaining butter and oil from cooking steak in a non-stick pan. Cook the shallots and mushrooms for 5-8 minutes, or until soft, but not coloured.
- Add the mustard and Worcestershire sauce and stir well. Add the red wine and stock. Increase the heat and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add any meat juices from the steak plate.
- Remove from the heat and add the cream or crème fraîche until the sauce thickens. Garnish with the parsley.
- Serve the sauce with the steaks, chips and a salad garnish.
- 1 small onion or 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g chestnut or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons good red wine
- 3 tablespoons good, hot beef stock
- 3 tablespoons double cream or crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish