THE FINEST NORFOLK MEATS DIRECT FROM NORFOLK TO YOUR DOORSTEP PURCHASE ONLINE OR VISIT OUR BUTCHERY NOW
Fiery Steak Sandwich
Australia V England 2nd Test
After a narrow defeat to Australia last week, England’s reshuffled team and new back line debutants will be raring to go to all make their mark this Saturday.
In anticipation of the game, it made me think about game day recipes that you try whether you’re watching the game on your own or hosting a small gathering.
For this game, I’m aiming to try what I call, a Fiery Steak Sandwich! A tasty steak lunch or half-time crowd pleaser with a fiery relish that will pack a punch!
Prep Time 15 Mins (done prior to watching the game!)
- Rare 2-3 mins on each side
- Medium rare 3-4 mins on each side
- Well done 6-7 mins on each side
- In a small bowl mix together the yogurt, garlic, paprika, mustard and seasoning. Place the steaks on a large plate and spoon over the marinade mixture to coat both sides of the steaks. Cover and marinate for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the relish; in a small bowl mix all the relish ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the steaks according to your preference.
- Slice the steaks into chunky strips and then serve them in bread rolls of your choice garnished with salad ingredients and finished with a spoonful of the relish on top!
Enjoy the game and the steak sandwich. For the third test match, I have a speedy beef curry that I will share with you. It really hits the spot!
Until next time!
4 x sirloin steaks
100g plain yogurt
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
1 teaspoon ground paprika
1 teaspoon English mustard
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
4 bread rolls
Sliced red onion, baby spinach leaves and sliced cucumber, to garnish
For the fiery blood red relish:
150g tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and finely chopped
2 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
1 tablespoon freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 teaspoons tomato ketchup
2 tablespoons gin