THE FINEST NORFOLK MEATS DIRECT FROM NORFOLK TO YOUR DOORSTEP PURCHASE ONLINE OR VISIT OUR BUTCHERY NOW
Duck Breasts with Norfolk Beauty Sauce
Method to make the sauce.
- Use a small saucepan and melt the butter add the onion and cook over a gentle heat until the onion is soft.
- Stir in the flour with a wooden spoon and cook for 2 minutes (keep stirring)
- Add the Madeira stirring all the time.
- Let the sauce bubble and then stir in the apple juice.
- Add the marmalade stiring, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Strain the sauce and then re-heat to serve.
Method to cook the Duck breasts.
- Remove the duck breast from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
- Score the skin with a very sharp knife.
- Season the skin side with salt and pepper.
- Using a non-stick oven proof pan lay the Duck breasts skin side down in the pan.
- Place the pan over a low heat to render the fat, which will take approx. 5 minutes.
- Once there is fat in the pan turn the heat to full and sear the skin until crisp and golden
- Turn the breast over and seal the meat side.
- Transfer the pan to an oven cook for 10-12 minutes at 200 degrees or gas mark 6
- Rest the meat in a warm oven for 5 minutes
- Serve on a pre-heated plate, and pour on the hot sauce.