THE FINEST NORFOLK MEATS DIRECT FROM NORFOLK TO YOUR DOORSTEP PURCHASE ONLINE OR VISIT OUR BUTCHERY NOW
How to make the perfect Red Wine Sauce for your steak!
This red wine sauce works really well with steaks as it brings out the juicy meatiness and flavour beautifully. I also like this one because I have to open a bottle of good red wine, add some for the recipe……and then add some to a glass for myself. The perfect cooking combination!
Now that you’ve figured out how to make the best steak sauces, it’s time to pair them with the right ingredients! For steak inspiration, I recommend clicking on this link: https://intwoodfarm.co.uk/steak/
Remember though, if you’re pushed for time whilst cooking, we also have a wide selection of ready made steak sauces in our Pantry Shop.
Enjoy your steaks! Until next time.
- To prepare the red wine sauce; heat half the butter in a large non-stick frying pan, add the onion and vinegar and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the wine and reduce the liquid to about a third. Add the stock and reduce by half (about 5 minutes). Remove from the heat and whisk in the remaining butter.
- Cook the steak to your preference and stir any meat juices from the steak plate into the sauce.
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon good balsamic vinegar
- 200ml good red wine
- 200ml good, hot beef stock